Finding a good holster as a left handed gun owner is frustrating sometimes. Some gun holsters are only available as right handed. However, there are many manufacturers who think of left handed users too. Below we have brought to your attention six of the top left handed revolver holsters available. We ranked them based on quality, durability, and customer ratings.
1. Relentless Tactical Ultimate Suede Leather IWB Holster
The Ultimate Suede Leather IWB Holster fits most J Frame revolvers. Other guns it works for are the Smith & Wesson Bodyguard, Ruger LCR, and most .38 special type guns. This holster is made in the USA from real leather. It has a sturdy, high quality design. The holster is suitable for concealed carry and provides fast access to your revolver.
- Made in the USA;
- Genuine leather;
- Good for concealed carry;
- Comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Offers concealment of your revolver;
- Made of real leather.
- Not a good choice if you don’t have a concealed carry permit.
2. Shotgun Lilli Western Gun Holster for Revolver
As its name suggests, this left handed revolver holster is suitable for people with a western style. The Shotgun Lilli Western Gun Holster for revolver has a western design. It’s made of saddle grade leather, featuring a leather hammer loop and durable stitching. The holster slides onto your belt and sits outside the waistband. Most standard frame revolvers with barrel lengths 4″-6″ fit in the holster.
- Saddle grade leather;
- OWB (outside the waistband);
- Leather hammer loop and leg tie.
- Sits outside the waistband;
- The leather hammer loop and leg ties keep the holster secure;
- Made of saddle grade leather.
- Not good for concealed carry.
3. Salted Winds Belly Band Holster
The Salted Winds Belly Band Holster can hold most revolvers. It has extra compartments that can store three magazines or personal belongings like a cellphone, wallet, and knife. This left handed revolver holster is comfortable to wear. It’s made of flexible neoprene. The belly band is one size fits all up to 45″ in diameter. And it doesn’t pinch or pull your skin. The Salted Winds Belly Band Holster allows a variety of draws, including dual, behind hip, 12 o’clock, appendix, cross, and shoulder rig.
- Pockets that can store a magazine, cell phone, wallet, and knife;
- Made of neoprene;
- One size fits all up to 45″;
- Allows a variety of draws;
- 1 year warranty;
- 30 day money back guarantee.
- Warranty lasts for 1 year instead of a lifetime.
4. Blue Stone Safety Wild Bill Holster
The Blue Stone Safety Wild Bill Holster fits revolvers with a barrel from 4″-6″. It’s made of horse hide leather in the USA with heavy duty stitching. It’s built to last a long time. The interior has scratch guard covers to prevent scratching of your revolver. This left handed revolver holster also features black oxide snaps that hold firmly. A nice design feature for those who love America is the embossed American flag on the holster.
- Horse hide leather;
- Interior scratch guard covers;
- Made in the USA;
- Black oxide straps;
- Embossed American flag in the design;
- Fits revolvers with a barrel length 4″-6″.
- Made of leather;
- Protects against scratches while the revolver is holster;
- Not suitable for concealed carry.
5. Crossfire Elite Alaskan Revolver Versa-Holster
Another good left handed revolver holster is the Crossfire Elite Alaskan Versa-Holster. It comes in multiple sizes, so you can find the right fit for your revolver. The sizes range from 2″-8″. You can wear the holster on the hip or shoulder, depending on your preference. The holster allows for either cross draw or traditional carry as well. The Crossfire Elite holster has memory foam that helps mold the holster to your gun.
- Convertible from a hip holster to a shoulder holster;
- Allows for cross draw or traditional draw;
- 1580 denier ballistic weight nylon;
- 600 denier ballistic weight nylon used for the interior.
- Available in sizes 2″-8″.
- Not good for concealment;
- Not as comfortable as some other options.
6. Relentless Tactical The Defender Leather IWB Holster
This left handed revolver holster is suitable for concealed carry. The Defender Leather IWB Holster fits most J Frame revolvers, including S&W 442/642, Ruger LCR, and Taurus. The holster is made of bull hide leather in the USA. It’s durable and designed to last a long time. For additional peace of mind, it comes with a lifetime warranty.
- IWB (inside the waistband);
- Bull hide leather;
- Fits most J Frame revolvers;
- Lifetime warranty.
- Suitable for concealed carry;
- Easy draw;
- Covered for a lifetime.
- Not good for those who don’t have a concealed carry permit.
Leather and high quality nylon are good materials for revolver holsters. The six left handed revolver holsters listed above are some of the top options for left handed people. While making a choice, remember that your holster must be visible if you don’t have a concealed carry permit.